Otto Update

 Hey everyone,

  I hope you all are doing well. We had a lot of rain here recently but that has stopped so my pain levels are under control again. On the USMC birthday my friend John came over(aka Gunny FlusterCluck on twitter) and we got that Fern that Tony had left to die off the roof. Gunny wasn't able to lift it(it was about 75+ lbs) so I ended up having to climb out there and lower it on the rope he'd brought over. Yes I'm still stronger than an Ox and got it done. The plant was saved and now lives at a neighbors house. Of course it wrecked us two old Leather Necks but Operation save the Fern was a success. 

 On Veterans day a Army Veteran friend Charles stopped over and brought a Philly Cheese steak with Garlic and curly fries for me. I also received some things from two friends in the mail. These wonderful women(Margret and Maria) sent me packages and support Veterans like me all year round. I got a few "thank you for your service calls" but that was it. I'm usually bombarded with calls, Emails and visitors but not this year. I guess they all think I'm dead...or hoped I was. But I'm not surprised as Americans really hate us Veterans or just don't give a f*ck. 

  So I'm usually gifted enough stuff(food, meds and odds and ends I need and can't afford or tasks I can no longer do...like the Fern rescue and the window that still needs to be cleaned up) this time of year to make it through to Thanks Giving. That's not the case this year. I have no meds and none are on the way(weed and edibles) and I'll be out of regular food by Tuesday for the month. But I'll survive. I've gone two weeks without food plenty of times. The lack of pain relief will be harder to deal with but somehow I'll get through it...or die trying. My GoFundMe has seen nothing either. Again I'm not surprised. Being banned from both Fascistbook and Twitler because of my anti-Nazi stance has cut me off from society. My guess is that most folks figure I'm dead by now. 

  As for the Holidays coming up...I don't do "Kill Indians and take their land day" and don't like most of the food on that "Holiday" anyways. Turkey...meh, Cranberry sauce yuck, stuffing...yuck, Yams...yuck. So I have no plans for it and haven't done any in years. Yule is happening in December of course. the Yule starts on December 21st this years, a Tuesday. As I have been doing for years, I will have a gathering that evening(starting about 5pm). I will be making my Great Great Grand Mothers Mulled wine and have already bought all the ingredients(Including high octane Brandy) . I intend to get a spiral Ham for the Yule Log and if I have the resources my plate of joints. There will be other snacks and drinks. those planning on coming are welcome to bring more snacks or booze but it's not required. If you plan on coming please let me know. I don't want it to get too big and everyone must be vaccinated of course. It's always a great time and the Mulled wine is to die for. This is a Yule Celebration(Pagan Norsk) but all other religions/cultures are welcome to join in. 

  In other news I have been working on the 2022 FrogBat design. It will happen next J4. I'll post it when it's done. The prices of everything have gone up, including Lumber...it's crazy high...so I'll need to raise more money to make up that cost. I will also take lumber donations(closer to build time) My biggest needs are 2x4's at least 8 foot. and 3/4" plywood with a fine finish. 

-Otto Von Danger 

SGT/USMC and Artist at Large 

Semper Fidelis 






Comments

  1. my pot cookies guy is back in town and dropped some off for me so at least I have meds for bed...phew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, that's great news! Enjoy 😁 Maria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Truth Bomb By OVD : Ukraine (Proxy) War updaye

Truth Bomb By OVD: Ukraine war update

Truth Bomb by OVD : Personal update