Otto Update : Hard times get harder

 Hey Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted. The main reason is I'm in a lot more pain. My cookies gang is lagging so I've been rationing my cookies. Instead of thee I've been eating one. So I haven't been sleeping because of the pain too. I wake up screaming all night and feel you tired and wrecked everyday. On top of that my room mate went to Reno to visit his sister. I gave him my monthly cigarette money as they are 50% cheaper in Nevada(due to taxes). I had him take a picture of my smokes as he's not a smoker. well they conned him into buying Camel crushes, which are menthol. So now I'm screwed for smokes all month. I can not smoke menthol. They make me throw up. He may have found a buyer for them at work...but we'll see. Also I went shopping for my monthly food and the prices here in Oakland are unreal. Hamburger used to be about $5 and now it's $20 and it's old. that's 300% inflation...not 9%. So even though I had a rough month last month the future looks bleaker. 

  My VA doctor has canceled/changed my last 3 appointments(which were by phone) so I don't know if they are taking new claims yet or if the new VA bill will help my case(Gulf war Syndrome is not specifically mentioned so it might not). Also he wants me to go to San Fran for tests as they are not doing them here in Oakland anymore. Obviously this means I can't get them done. An SF run would be 4 hours of pain and that's if I made it. Even if I found a ride it would be 2 hours due to traffic. Even though Oakland has more Veterans than all the other Bay area cities...we have the least medical stuff available. Probably due to most of us here being black and all of us being poor. 

  So I decided to start another GoFundMe. I had finally cleared up the "Putin Z FrogBat" mess...they thought I was a Ukrainian spy...yeah...that moronic. And I had it all ready and...bam...they think I'm a Ukrainian spy again...for asking for bill and food help in Oakland CA. I think GoFundMe is a goner and I need to find another way to raise funds for help. The last time it took me 3 months to get them to "fix" it. So I'm just all around screwed. I'm so tired of even asking for help anymore...now it's impossible. 

  I also inventoried my cloths...I have nothing serviceable anymore but socks. All my sweat pants and shirts are threadbare and "holy". Not that I have any kind of budget to replace any cloths. Just another demoralizing fact.

  So that's my current state. I'm not doing well. If I don't reply to texts and emails that's why. I'm in a bad state of depression and pain. 

-Otto Von Danger

SGT/USMC and Artist at Large

Semper Fidelis


Comments

  1. Sorry to hear brother. I am going up to Portland tomorrow morning so I can't make a reup to see you this week. I will post a link to this blog on Twitter and hope it generates some help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've helped enough brother. I don't expect anymore help...it's time to fade away. Oh I have something for you. Call me when you get a chance.

      Delete
  2. I don't know what to say. I wish there was some way to help. Wouldn't it be nice if someone could at least make the VA work the way it's supposed to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to get the GoFundMe up and running. A link is in the next post

      Delete
  3. I just hit up your latest GoFundMe brother ... Semper Fi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Truth Bomb By OVD : Ukraine (Proxy) War updaye

Truth Bomb By OVD: Ukraine war update

Truth Bomb by OVD : Personal update